- 1 1/4c. Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground ginger
- 1/4c. Evaporated Cane Juice
- 3/4c. Keifer/Buttermilk
- 1/2c.-3/4c. Milk, to thin batter if needed
- 1 TB Expeller Pressed Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 2c. Finley Grated Carrot
- 1 TB Orange Zest (about 1 orange)
- 1/2c. Toasted, Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4c. Raisins, soaked in hot water
Cook on an electric griddle or fry pan greased with extra virgin coconut oil, or your oil of choice. These are tastily paired with Cinnamon Honey Butter and real maple syrup!
Combine dry ingredients.
Combine wet ingredients+sugar.
Soak raisins in hot water to plump them up.
Toasted walnuts=much better than raw in this recipe.
A tablespoon of orange zest gives the pancakes a distinct orange flavor. You could cut it back to a half tablespoon easily.
The batter was a little thick, so I thinned it with about ~3/4c. 2% Milk
Special thanks to la madre for cooking the pancakes for the guys while I photographed, and for pouring maple syrup while I got shutterhappy.